This is very well written. It gives you elaborate information pertaining to the Temple. I wish the author had published a photograph of the Swastik Kulam [Swastika Pond].
Visit to Pundarikaasha Perumal Temple at Thiruvellarai
- Main Deity: Perumal Pundarikaashan, east facing, standing posture
- Goddess: Shenbagavalli, also called as Periya Piraattiyaar Lakshmi Devi. Seperate sannadhi for Thaayar. Utsavar thaayar is named as Pangajavalli.
- Mangalasasanam: Periyalwar – 11, Thirumangai Alwar – 13, a total of 14 Paasurams. Perialwar – 71, 192 – 201, Thirumangaialwar – 1368-77, 1851, 2673, 2674
- Prathyaksham for Periya Thiruvadi Garudan, Sibi chakravarthy, Bhoodevi (Bhoomi Piratti), Maarkandeya Maharishi, Lord Brahma, Rudhran (Lord Shiva).
- Sri Pundarikakshan, Bhoomi Piratti, Periya piratti, Suriya and Chandiran and Aadisheshan are in human forms in the Moolavar Place.
- Other shrines: Krishna, Vishwaksenar, Nammazhwar, Chakarathazhwar, Nadhamunigal, Kulasekara Azhwar, Thondarippodi Azhwar, Andal, Ramanuja and Manavala Mamunigal.
- Travel Base: Trichy
- The temple is considered the oldest of the Vaishnavaite temples of South. It is older than Srirangam which was built during Rama’s period, whereas this temple was built by Sibhi, 4…
View original post 3,191 more words